Polishing loose diamonds is a highly skilled and experienced job, here are some things to keep in mind during the process:
- Choose the right abrasive: choose an abrasive suitable for diamond hardness, such as diamond abrasive or silicon carbide abrasive. Different abrasives can bring different effects, so it is necessary to choose the appropriate abrasive according to the needs.
- Pay attention to the quality of abrasives: Using high-quality abrasives can effectively improve the effect and efficiency of grinding, and at the same time reduce the risk of diamond damage.
- Control the temperature: The heat generated during the grinding process can cause the diamond to discolour or crack, so it is necessary to control the time the abrasive is used and the cooling time to ensure that the diamond is not overheated.
- Adjust the speed and pressure of the grinder: Diamonds of different sizes and shapes require different speeds and pressures to grind, so it needs to be adjusted according to the characteristics of the diamond.
- Ensure the stability of the diamond: During the grinding process, the diamond needs to be fixed in the correct position to ensure its stability and avoid damage or displacement of the diamond.
- Clean your grinder and abrasives regularly: Regular cleaning of your grinder and abrasives will ensure the effectiveness and quality of your polish and reduce the risk of damaging your diamond.